The Nomination and Remuneration Committee discussed and thereafter decided upon the policy for selection of appointment of directors and their remuneration. This policy was adopted in the meeting of the Board of Directors held on 25th June, 2021. The highlights of this policy are as follows:
CRITERIA OF SELECTION OF NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS
- The Non-Executive Directors shall be of high integrity with relevant expertise and experience so as to have a diverse Board with Directors having expertise in the fields of marketing, finance, taxation, law, governance and general management.
- In case of appointment of Independent Directors, the Committee shall satisfy itself with regard to the independent nature of the Directors vis-à-vis the Company so as to enable the Board to discharge its function and duties effectively.
- The Committee shall ensure that the candidate identified for appointment as a Director is not disqualified for appointment under Section 164 of the Companies Act, 2013.
- The Committee shall consider the following attributes / criteria, whilst recommending to the Board the candidature for appointment as Director.
1. Qualification, expertise and experience of the Directors in their respective fields;
2. Personal, Professional or business standing;
3. Diversity of the Board.
- In case of re-appointment of Non-Executive Directors, the Board shall take into consideration the performance evaluation of the Director and his engagement level.
The Non-Executive Directors shall not be entitled to receive any remuneration in the Company. They will be entitled to only sitting fees for the Board Meetings they attend.
MANAGING DIRECTOR & WHOLE TIME DIRECTOR – CRITERIA FOR SELECTION / APPOINTMENT
For the purpose of selection of the Managing Director or Whole Time Director the Committee shall identify persons of integrity who possess relevant expertise, experience and leadership qualities required for the position and shall take into consideration recommendation, if any, received from any member of the Board.
The Committee will also ensure that the incumbent fulfills such other criteria with regard to age and other qualifications as laid down under the Companies Act, 2013 or other applicable laws.
REMUNERATION FOR THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OR WHOLE TIME DIRECTOR
- At the time of appointment or re-appointment, the Managing Director or Whole Time Director may be paid such remuneration as may be mutually agreed between the Company (which includes the Nomination & Remuneration Committee and the Board of Directors) and the Managing Director or Whole Time Director within the overall limits prescribed under the Companies Act, 2013.
- The remuneration shall be subject to the approval of the Members of the Company in General Meeting.
- The remuneration of the Managing Director or Whole Time Director may be broadly divided into fixed and variable components. The fixed component shall comprise salary, allowances, perquisites, amenities and retiral benefits. The variable component shall comprise a performance bonus.
- In determining the remuneration (including the fixed increment and performance bonus) the Committee shall ensure / consider the following:
- the relationship of remuneration and performance benchmarks is clear;
- balance between fixed and incentive pay reflecting short and long term performance objectives, appropriate to the working of the Company and its goals;
- responsibility required to be shouldered by the Managing Director or Whole Time Director, the industry benchmarks and the current trends.
REMUNERATION POLICY FOR THE SENIOR MANAGEMENT EMPLOYEES
In determining the remuneration of the Senior Management Employees (i.e. KMPs and senior officers just below the board level) the Committee shall ensure / consider the following:
- the relationship of remuneration and performance benchmark is clear;
- the balance between fixed and incentive pay reflecting short and long term performance objectives, appropriate to the working of the Company and its goals;
- the remuneration is divided into two components viz. fixed component comprising salaries, perquisites and retirement benefits and a variable component comprising performance bonus;
- the remuneration including annual increment and performance bonus is decided based on the criticality of the roles and responsibilities, the Company’s performance vis-à-vis the annual budget achievement, individuals performance and current compensation trends in the market.
The Managing Director or Whole Time Director will carry out the individual performance review based on the standard appraisal matrix and shall take into account the appraisal scorecard and other factors and thereafter shall recommend the annual increment and performance incentive to the Committee for its review and approval.